I make this dish mostly for myself as I love olives and I love the Mediterranean flavours. If anything has olives, garlic or capers, you can be assured, I’m going to give it a try!
- 1 ½ tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup gluten free chicken broth (I prefer Safeway or Kitchen Basics)
- 4-5 Roma tomatoes Chopped
- ¾ cup Spanish olives
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Oregano leaves
- ½ cup crumbled or grated feta
Yield 4 servings
Tenderize the chicken breast with a mallet. Cut the breast in half to yield eight breast pieces. Season all the chicken pieces all over with the salt and pepper.
Heat 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add chicken and sear both sides until golden brown, about 6 minutes per side; set the chicken in a shallow baking dish, do not pour off the fat (there shouldn’t be much with chicken breast), do not wipe the pan clean.
Add the Chicken Broth to the already warm pan, bring the broth to a simmer and stir. Pour this warm broth over the chicken breast in the baking dish.
In a separate bowl, toss the chopped tomatoes with ½ Tbsp of Olive Oil with salt, pepper and ½ the oregano leaves. Scatter the tomatoes, olives, garlic and remaining oregano all over the chicken and around the dish.
Bake the chicken for another 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the feta all over it. If you have some Greek Seasoning, give it a little sprinkle over top. Serve.