Yield 4-6 servings
Tender chicken in a delicious Dijon cream sauce! We had this one night while the kids were staying with my parents. I served it with sautéed spinach on the side and it was so good!
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp of Robin Hood Gluten Free Flour
- 2/3 cup gluten free chicken broth (I prefer Safeway or Kitchen Basics)
- ½ cup of Evaporated Milk. I use this in place of Whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Tarragon – This dish is so much better when the tarragon is fresh.
Tenderize the chicken breast with a mallet. Cut the breast in half to yield four breast pieces. Season all the chicken pieces all over with the salt and pepper. Heat 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add chicken and sear both sides until golden brown, about 6 minutes per side; set the chicken aside and pour off the fat from the pan, do not wipe the pan clean.
Keep the frying pan at medium high heat and warm 1 Tbsp of olive oil in the already hot pan. Add the shallots and sauté for a couple of minutes and then add the wine. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the liquid reduces to about half.
In a separate bowl whisk together broth, evaporated milk, mustard and flour. Then add to the wine reduction. Combine together until the sauce thickens (should take 4-5 minutes). Then add the tarragon and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the chicken back into the pan and toss it well with the sauce. Continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through.
This dish would taste best with rice or with a nice salad or sautéed spinach on the side. We have only had it once, but I’ve cooked it a second time for this week it was super delicious!